In most cases, new colleagues coming from an EU country, a country of the European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland do not need a visa or residence permit as freedom of movement is valid concerning their stay.

Restrictions regarding free movement of labour currently only exist for Bulgarian, Croatian, and Romanian residents. Please note that in case an EU national is married to a non-EU national or has children who do not have an EU nationality, those people are nevertheless granted freedom of movement as well due to their relationship to the EU national.