Dr. Adrian Mancuso
WP-84 (Scientific Instrument SPB/SFX)
Group Leader, Leading Scientist
- +49 (0)40 8998-2512
- +49 (0)40 8998-1905
- Mailing address
- European XFEL GmbH
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Melbourne, Australia (2006)
- Postdoctoral research associate, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA (2006 – Oct. 2007)
- Postdoctoral research associate, DESY, Hamburg, Germany (Nov 2007 – 2011)
- Leading scientist and group leader at European XFEL (since 2011)
- Nanoscale sample imaging using bright, coherent X-ray beams
- Characterization of wavefront properties of coherent X-ray beams
- The limits of imaging weakly scattering samples, including biological samples
- Complete modeling of photon science experiments from start-to-end
- Instrumentation design for Coherent X-ray Diffractive Imaging (CXDI) experiments
- C. H. Yoon, et al, A comprehensive simulation framework for imaging single particles and biomolecules at the European X-ray Free-Electron Laser. Scientific Reports, 1–11. http://doi.org/10.1038/srep24791 (2016)
- A. P. Mancuso, et al, Technical Design Report: Scientific Instrument Single Particles, Clusters, and Biomolecules (SPB), http://dx.doi.org/10.3204/XFEL.EU/TR-2013-004, (2013)
- A. Aquila, et al, Fluence thresholds for grazing incidence hard x-ray mirrors. Applied Physics Letters, 106(24), 241905–6. http://doi.org/10.1063/1.4922380 (2015)
- M. Altarelli & A. P. Mancuso, Structural biology at the European X-ray free-electron laser facility, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 369 no. 1647 20130311, (2014).
- A. P. Mancuso et al., Internal structure of an intact Convallaria majalis pollen grain observed with X-ray Fresnel coherent diffractive imaging, Opt Express 20, 26778–26785 (2012).
- A. P. Mancuso et al., Coherent-Pulse 2D Crystallography Using a Free-Electron Laser X-Ray Source, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 035502 (2009).