The European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Facility GmbH (European XFEL GmbH) is a multi-national non-profit company. It will make available X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. Located in the Hamburg area, Germany, it will comprise scientific instruments for a wide range of experimental techniques. Construction of the European XFEL is underway, its commissioning is scheduled for 2015. We invite applications as
Head of Finance and Controlling (f/m)
Tasks and responsibilities
- leadership of the department of finance and controlling including responsibility for all finance relevant procedures
- further development of the financial accounting system and procedures as well as of the controlling and reporting system
- preparation and establishment of the annual financial statement as well as the annual budget
- forecasting and monitoring of all financial requirements
- analyzing and handling advanced tax questions
Qualifications and experience
- master degree in economics, business administration or equivalent qualification
- several years of experience in responsible position in the finance area, ideally of a public funded institution
- profound knowledge of financial accounting and cost controlling with a proven record in the efficient structuring of business processes
- experience in project management and an international environment will be advantageous
- leadership experience and team-orientation
- excellent communication skills with fluency in English, knowledge of German is an asset
For additional information contact Wolf-Ulrich Sauermann
Please apply here and provide a motivating cover letter as well as a CV in English and your work certificates, respectively, in one single pdf-file.
This appointment is permanent.
Salary (non-tariff) and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme as well as broad relocation benefits. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.