The European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Facility GmbH (European XFEL GmbH) is a multi-national non-profit company. It will make available X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. Located in the Hamburg area, Germany, it will comprise scientific instruments for a wide range of experimental techniques. Construction of the European XFEL is underway, its commissioning is scheduled for 2015. We are looking for a
Buyer / Procurement Officer (f/m)
- purchasing of goods and services for our public utility organization
- placing of purchase orders
- evaluation of orders and price negotiations
- preparing and handling of shipments
- analysis of relevant markets and identification of potential suppliers
- work as part of a team with technical advisors on difficult procurement issues
- completed commercial apprenticeship
- a few years of purchasing experience
- knowledge of public procurement procedures desirable
- experience in foreign trade and custom matters is advantageous
- communicative and team oriented personality
- willingness to learn and to develop
For additional information contact Florian Guhlmann
Please apply here and provide a motivating cover letter as well as a CV in English and your work certificates, respectively, in one single pdf-file.
This appointment is permanent.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme as well as broad relocation benefits. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.