The Machine Advisory Committee (MAC) advises the European XFEL Council and the Management Board in matters of fundamental importance for the design and construction of the accelerator complex.
- ensuring efficiency in the construction of the accelerator complex and that the project schedule is maintained, and
- checking that milestones are realistic and reached at the planned times.
- Camille Ginsburg (Fermilab, Batavia, USA) Chair
- Caterina Biscari (ALBA, Cerdanyola del Vallès, Spain)
- Angeles Faus-Golfe (University of Valencia, Spain)
- Zhirong Huang (SLAC, Stanford, USA)
- Andreas Jankowiak (HZB, Berlin, Germany)
- Heung-Sik Kang (PAL, Pohang, South Korea)
- Leonid V. Kravchuk (INR, Moscow, Russia)
- Pantaleo Raimondi (ESRF, Grenoble, France)
- Richard Walker (DIAMOND, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom)
- Andrzej Wolski (Liverpool University, UK)