The Laser Advisory Committee (LAC) advises the DESY management, the European XFEL management, and their relevant science committees in matters of research, development, and construction of the high repetition rate burst-mode laser systems to be implemented as scientific infrastructures at the FLASH and European XFEL facilities.
Since a common technology platform is envisioned for these laser systems DESY and the European XFEL GmbH have decided to collaborate closely in their laser research and development efforts and to establish a common laser platform to which both institutes are contributing.
In order to seek external expert advice and for regular review of these activities DESY and European XFEL have jointly set up a Laser Advisory Committee (LAC) for the facility construction periods until 2015. The committee consists of scientists not involved in the development activities. It shall meet twice a year in Hamburg, typically in spring and fall, with a first meeting in March 2012.
- Uwe Morgner (Laserzentrum Hannover), Chairman
- Giulio Cerullo, Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Fisica, Italy
- Miltcho Danailov, Elettra, Triest, Italy
- Patrick Georges, Laboratoire Charles Fabry, Institut d'Optique, Palaiseau, France
- Robert Schoenlein, SLAC, Stanford University, USA
- William White, SLAC, Stanford University, USA
- Jonathan Zuegel, LLE, Rochester, USA
Secretary to the LAC
- Oliver D. Mücke (DESY-CFEL, Hamburg, Germany)
- Andreas Galler (European XFEL GmbH, Hamburg, Germany)