The Administrative and Finance Committee is a Committee of the European XFEL Council. It is charged with the general responsibility of advising the Council on all matters of administrative issues and of financial management.
The Shareholders of each Contracting Party together have a maximum of two representatives to the AFC.
The Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson of the AFC are appointed by the Council for a fixed period of two years. With their election, the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson become supra partes and leave their delegations. The Chairperson may invite guests and/or experts to the AFC meetings, provided that all AFC members have been informed beforehand.
Chair of the AFC
- Xavier Reymond (State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI, Bern, Switzerland)
- Laurent Pinon (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris)
- Denmark: Anders Kjær (DASTI, Copenhagen)
- Germany: Michael Budke (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, Bonn) and
Christian Harringa (DESY, Hamburg)
- France: Salah Dib (Commissariat à l'énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives, Paris) and
Laurent Pinon (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris)
- Hungary: Barbara Tóthné Vizkelety (NKFIH, Budapest)
- Poland: Zbigniew Golebiewski (National Centre for Nuclear Research, Otwock-Świerk)
- Russia: Valeriy Nosik (NRC "Kurchatov Institute", Moscow)
- Slovak Republic: Pavol Sovák (P. J. Šafárik University, Košice) and
Lukáš Zendulka (Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic, Bratislava)
- Sweden: Inger Andersson (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala) and
Katrin Brandt (Swedish Research Council, Stockholm)
- Switzerland: Peter Allenspach, (Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen)
Secretary to the AFC
- Uta Sprenger (European XFEL GmbH, Hamburg, Germany)
Vice Secretary to the AFC
- Deike Pahl (European XFEL GmbH, Hamburg, Germany)