The Administrative and Finance Committee is a Committee of the European XFEL Council. It is charged with the general responsibility of advising the Council on all matters of administrative issues and of financial management.
The Shareholders of each Contracting Party together have a maximum of two representatives to the AFC.
The Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson of the AFC are appointed by the Council for a fixed period of two years. With their election, the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson become supra partes and leave their delegations. The Chairperson may invite guests and/or experts to the AFC meetings, provided that all AFC members have been informed beforehand.
Chair of the AFC
- Leif Eriksson (Swedish Research Council, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Denmark: Anders Kjær (DASTI, Copenhagen) and
Troels Rasmussen (DASTI, Copenhagen)
- Germany: Rafael Paplocki (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, Bonn) and
Christian Scherf (DESY, Hamburg)
- Hungary: Barbara Vizkelety (NIH, Budapest)
- Poland: Zbigniew Golebiewski (National Centre for Nuclear Research, Otwock-Świerk)
- Russia: Alexey Raykevich (OJSC RUSNANO, Moscow) and
Valeriy Nosik (RRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow)
- Slovak Republic: Pavol Sovák (P. J. Šafárik University, Košice)
- Sweden: Inger Andersson (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala) and
Johan Holmberg (Swedish Research Council, Stockholm)
- Switzerland: Peter Allenspach, (Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen) and
Xavier Reymond (State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI, Bern)
Secretary to the AFC
- Uta Sprenger (European XFEL GmbH, Hamburg, Germany)
Vice Secretary to the AFC
- Liliane Pereira Bahia (European XFEL GmbH, Hamburg, Germany)