We offer salary and benefits similar to those of public service organizations in Germany.
The initial assignment to a certain pay group is based on the applicant’s formal education and the duties and responsibilities connected to the position in question.
Pay groups E5 to E8
Completion of vocational training
Pay groups E9 to E12
Degree from a university of applied sciences (“Fachhochschule”) or a bachelor’s degree
Pay groups E13 to E15
Higher university degree (for example, a master’s degree or Ph.D.)
In addition, the applicant’s professional experience determines the level 1-6 within a pay group.
Moreover, we grant:
- a supplementary variable pay to employees involved in research activities
- an annual special payment of between 60 and 90% of a month's salary
- an international allowance for non-German candidates, living outside of Germany, of at least 15% of the annual salary
- a free-of-charge company pension scheme
- a generous relocation package and support
- extensive training opportunities
Our very flexible working time amounts to 39 hours per week, and everybody is entitled to 30 leave days paid per year. In addition, there are 9 paid public holidays in Hamburg. The 24th and the 31st of December are granted as paid free days as a courtesy of the employer.